Best Pogo sticks
Most people select a variety of toys so that their children can play outside. When I say toys, I mean bicycles, tricycles, skateboards, and so on. However, one thing that you may be interested in buying for your child is a Pogo stick. I still remember when I used one for the first time and fell on my behind, and that was a very long time ago. I was quite surprised to learn that they are still existent. I have not seen them for a while, and I thought that they became obsolete. That is not the case, and apparently, children still love them.
I do not suppose I have to tell you what a Pogo stick is. It is a metal device that is equipped with a string and footrests. You put your feet on the pedals, and you jump around thanks to the spring. It is quite simple, but it is fun. If you want to separate your child from indoor technology, you can try a Pogo stick.
The benefits of Pogo jumping for kids
While the Pogo stick is sometimes used for more serious things such as rehabilitation in athletes, we do not have to forget that it is a toy at the end of the day, and it is meant to be fun. However, a Pogo stick can have more benefits for your child that you think. Here are the most significant.
- The muscle mass gets stronger – when your child is playing with a Pogo stick, he or she used the legs for the most part. As a result, the muscles of the legs will become stronger after a while, which is a positive thing considering that we complain how our kids do not move as we used to when we were young. Plus, the bones get a great workout as well. A Pogo stick is an excellent way to improve bone density. Plus, you do not have to worry about the strain on the knees. The spring is meant to absorb the shock of the impact with the ground.
- It improves balance – since your child needs to stand on a stick, basically, he will improve his balance considerably. It is the same as riding a bike, once you learn how to ride it, you cannot unlearn it and lose your balance. Only by accident, perhaps. The point is that a Pogo stick can be a great balance exercise for your kid and that in itself is something to be desired.
- It strengthens the abdomen – maybe you do not know this, but the abdomen is considered the powerhouse of the body. No matter what move you make and what muscles you train, the belly is right there on the list of active muscles. Jumping on a Pogo stick makes the abdomen work twice as hard. Perhaps this is more of a benefit for you as a grown-up, but it can never hurt, right?
- It improves posture – just as the abdomen is active while jumping on a Pogo stick, so is the back. It is a known fact that exercise improves posture, and let’s face it, all parents complain about their kids’ bad posture. Buy a Pogo stick, and that problem will solve itself.
- It is fun – let’s not forget that a Pogo stick is, after all, a toy that is meant to entertain your child. The fact that it has additional benefits is just a bonus. Leaving aside the physical benefits, we must also focus on the mental benefits of a Pogo stick, and as long as your kid is having fun, they will make themselves known.
One of the things that I want to make sure of is that you take all safety measures before you let your child jump on a Pogo stick. The activity itself, while fun, it can be dangerous. After all, that is a stick your child is jumping on, and beginners will fall on their butts all the time. However, make sure that your child wears a helmet and pads for knees and elbows. Especially in the beginning. Although the helmet is always a must, the pads can be removed once the child learns how to jump.
How to choose the best Pogo stick?
A quick search online will reveal countless models. That can make things a bit difficult for you because you will have no idea which one to choose. That is why some criteria are needed. They will help you make a choice easier and faster. Here is what you need to consider before purchasing a Pogo stick.
- Weight and age-appropriate – not all Pogo sticks are designed for all ages. Once you do your research, you will notice how Pogo sticks are categorized depending on age and weight limit. You need to choose the right size. If you buy one that is too big, your child will not be able to jump on it. The springs are pretty durable. One that is too small is unsafe for your child because it can crack under pressure.
- Construction – there are two kinds of Pogo sticks as far as construction is concerned. First, we have the one made entirely of metal. They jump the highest, but as you can imagine, they are not the safest. If your child does not know to jump on a Pogo stick, I do not recommend a metal Pogo stick. The second kind is made of metal but only half. The other half is foam encasing. This type of Pogo stick does not jump very high, and it is safer. It is recommended for small children and beginners.
- Comfort – as long as your child is comfortable on the Pogo stick, he or she will learn faster how to jump. Comfort can mean multiple things. The pedals need to be large enough so that your kid does not hurt his feet. The handles need to be soft. My opinion is that comfort improves performance in all things, so why would a Pogo stick be any different?
- Safety – while this is the last item on my list, it is not the least important. In fact, it should be number one on your priorities list. As far as safety goes, there are some things that need to be considered. First, the handles need to provide a secure grip so that the hands do not slip. Then, the tip should be chosen according to your kid’s age. The wider the tip, the safer your child is. Plus, it needs to be made out of a non-slip material such as durable rubber. The point is that this is not the time to be cheap. A Pogo stick accident may not happen, but when it does, it ensures a trip to the emergency room.
What are the best Pogo sticks?
As long as you have in mind everything I wrote about above, you should be able to filter through all the products you will find online. However, keep in mind that not all models are what they claim to be. Reading some Pogo sticks reviews online can help you stay away from the products that are falsely advertised. But, as long as you do not buy a random product without reading the specifications, you should be fine. Meanwhile, take a look at the models below.
Flybar Foam Master Pogo Stick for Kids
The first Pogo stick that I thought to be of high quality is the one created by Flybar. The manufacturer provides a wide range of products in this category, and they all seem excellent. This one included. Just as the title suggests, it is encased in foam for maximum safety for your child, and I would recommend it for a beginner or small child. In fact, the manufacturer recommends this product for children aged 9 and up, and the maximum weight capacity is 160 pounds.
Both the grip and the frame of this model are covered in foam. It provides comfort for your child because of the cushion grip. At the same time, it will keep the stick looking in its best shape for longer. After all, it will suffer some abuse. The bounce tip is pretty wide. That again should keep your kid safe when using it. It provides stability and consistent jumping. Chances of falling decrease considerably.
The footpegs are also highly stable for safety and comfort. At the same time, they are covered with a non-slip coating. Not only that it ensures stability for your child, but once he or she gets the hang of it, performing tricks will come easily. I am confident that your kid is going to love it.
New Bounce Soft, Easy Grip Pro Sport Pogo Stick
The Pogo stick from New Bounce is pretty similar to the previous model. It is available in multiple colors, and the manufacturer recommends it for children aged 9 and up. It has the same weight capacity of up to 160 pounds, and the child using it needs to be at least 80 pounds for the spring to actually move up and down.
The New Bounce Pogo stick features the same stable and non-slip footpegs that will maintain your child’s safety as well as helping him perform tricks as he learns hot to jump. The handles ensure a soft and easy grip. The padding makes sure that your child will hold on to the handles and his hands will not slip even when jumping high. The frame is covered with foam which makes the stick more durable in time.
This Pogo stick can jump as high as 8 inches, although I do not encourage beginners going that high. The tip is wide enough for children who are just learning to jump, and the durable rubber will make sure that the stick does not slip while your child is using it. Even so, a helmet is a must.
Flybar My First Flybar Foam Pogo Jumper for Kids
Last but not least, I found a product that can be used for smaller children. Why should all the 9-year old have all the fun, right? This product can be used by children as young as 3. As you can probably see for yourself, the design is entirely different. There is no metal part in it, and the bouncy tip is replaced by large foam footpegs. To make the product even more fun, the manufacturer made the footpegs squeak with every jump.
The maximum capacity for this Pogo stick is 250 pounds. As I said earlier, there is no metal part included, not even the rod itself. Instead, the bar is actually a stretchy bungee cord that is flexible. It adjusts to the user’s height.
As for construction, My First Flybar has a soft but durable foam base, a strong, stretchy bungee ‘spring,’ and the handles are covered in foam as well for more comfort and secure grip. It can be used both indoors and outdoors because there is no danger of scratching anything. Plus, it meets as the CPSC safety standards. It is the ideal choice for small children who want to learn to Pogo jump at a young age.
No matter which product you end up buying, I am sure you are going to be happy with your choice. However, if I had to make a decision, I would go with the Flybar Foam Master Pogo Stick for Kids. Flybar has been in the business long enough to know what is what, which is why I think that this product is one of the best Pogo sticks you can buy for your child.
Pogo jumping is a fun activity for children of all ages. Even adults do it. More as a joke, but you cannot ignore how entertaining it is. However, you need to have the right Pogo stick for it. Choose one that is well built, and your child will be safe at all times. Ones of the products above ensure precisely that, which is why I strongly recommend one of them. Click here to buy on Amazon
- Reliable Strategies for Where Can I Buy a Pogo Stick You Can Use Starting Immediately
- Why Everybody Is Wrong Regarding Pogo Jumper and Why You Really Need to Read This Document Immediately
- The Do This, Get That Guide On Pogo Stick Adults
- Be the Very First to Read What the Experts Think About Pogo Stick Price
- Best Pogo Stick for 6 Year Old at a Glance
- Choosing Good Best Pogo Stick for 7 Year Old
- Extreme Pogo Sticks for Sale for Dummies
- The Absolute Best Method You Need to Be Using for Pogo Stick Pro Unveiled
- The Good, the Bad and Pogo Stick Kids
- Best Pogo Stick for 10 Year Old Tips & Guide
- What You Should Do to Find Out About Children ‘s Pogo Stick Before You’re Left Behind
- Buy Pogo Stick Features
- A Secret Weapon for Stunt Pogo Stick
- Kids, Work and Best Pogo Stick for 9 Year Old
- Best Pogo Stick for Kids – a Quick Overview
- All About Good Pogo Sticks
- Toddler Pogo Stick – Overview
- The Most Disregarded Fact Regarding Go Go Pogo Stick Explained
- The Do This, Get That Guide On Flybar Pogo Stick
- Underrated Questions About Pogo Stick for Kids That You Need to Read About
- Who Else Wants to Learn About Air Pogo Stick?
- Lies You’ve Been Told About Jumping Stick
- Vurtego Pogo Stick – What Is It?
- Short Article Reveals the Undeniable Facts About Professional Pogo Stick and How It Can Affect You
- Top Vurtego V4 Tips!
- V4 Pogo Stick – Overview
- Short Article Reveals the Undeniable Facts About Po Go Stick and How It Can Affect You
- The Upside to Kids Pogo Stic
- Lies You’ve Been Told About Pro Pogo Stick
- The 30-Second Trick for Cheap Pogo Stick
- The Benefits of Extreme Pogo Stick
- The Number One Article on Pogo Sticks for Sale
- New Questions About Razor Pogo Stick Answered and Why You Must Read Every Word of This Report
- Short Article Reveals the Undeniable Facts About Pogo Stick for Adults and How It Can Affect You
- Pogo Stick Reviews & Tips